Tuesday, February 11, 2014

18 questions with adalynch


1. What should we call you?
If you call me Francis, I'll kill you

2. Any hobbies or favorite pastimes besides HBD?
Softball, tennis and coaching my kids in anything

3. How did you find HBD?
Like many other here I was turned on to WIS through the Bill Simmons article. It has ruined my life ever since ; )

4. How many teams do you run? How many hours per week do you pour into your team?
Three teams, but think I will go down to 2 soon (don't worry, I am staying here). Some weeks, 20 hours; some weeks, I am lucky to get on for 10 minutes.

5. Married? Children?
Married to an awesome woman I met when we were 15. Love her. 3 kids: 9 year old boy, 5 year old girl (my angel) and a 17 month old power forward. Seriously, he's as big as his older sister.

6. City/State you live in? Where did you grow up?
New York City

7. Occupation? Do you check in on your teams during work?
Lawyer. I take the 5th.

8. Who is your all time favorite baseball player?
Paul Molitor and Greg Maddux

9. What makes you laugh?
I laugh a lot. Hard to narrow it to one thing.

10. Top 3 all-time movies?
Godfather I
Godfather II
Animal House

11. What was your favorite real baseball team growing up? Still in love with them?
I have always been a Yankees fan and still am today. The late 1990's were an awesome time to be young and living in NYC. However, for reasons I still don't understand, I was a huge Harvey Wallbanger's fan in the early 1980's. I still haven't gotten over the 1982 World Series. Those teams were awesome. Someday when I get enough cajones, I will grow a fu manchu.

12. Are you an outspoken owner? Why or why not?
Not at all. I really just want this to be fun. Any drama turns me off immediately. I particularly dislike when people see fit to tell others how to run their teams. Or when people take themselves too seriously. This is a game. A fake game at that. With fake players. I once had an owner give me a moneyball lecture in a trade chat. I stopped talking to that guy. Forever. Let's just have fun and, did I mention this is fake?

13. What is your GM philosophy?
I have had the most success when my teams are better than the other guy's teams. Pitching and defense. A few guys with 90+ power always helps too.

14. Any special meaning for your WIS nickname? For your Regular Joe’s nickname?
I used to be a prosecutor in New York. ada = Assistant District Attorney. 

15. Which MLB commissioner do you admire or identify with most?
none

16. General pet peeves about the HBD game?
Leagues where 10 IFA's sign for $30 M or more. And owners who tell other owners how to run their teams.

17. What would you change about HBD if given the chance?
I have neither the patience nor the technical skills to properly rank players for the Amateur Draft. I really wish I could figure out how to do that better.

18. If I was Regular Joe’s commissioner for a day I would . . . ask David to take over.

No comments:

Post a Comment