Tuesday, February 4, 2014

18 Questions


1.  What should we call you?
David

2.  Any hobbies or favorite pastimes besides HBD?
I use to collect baseball cards, but as I've had kids and they've gotten older that's gone by the wayside some. I like to play xbox some, but don't have much time for that either:) My biggest hobby or pastime is probably playing with my kids. 

3.  How did you find HBD?
I'm honestly not real sure what made me look, but one day I was just looking around for sports simulations and stumbled upon WIS. I fell in love with HBD almost instantly.  

4.  How many teams do you run? How many hours per week do you pour into your team?
I currently have 6. It's probably a little too much, but I can't decide which team to give up. I enjoy each of them very much for different reasons. 

5.  Married? Children?
Yes, I am married. I have 2 children. A son who is 11 and a daughter who is 5.

6.  City/State you live in? Where did you grow up?
Lafayette, IN next to Purdue University.  Grew up a half hour north of Lafayette 

7.  Occupation? Do you check in on your teams during work?
Restaurant Manager 

8.  Who is your all time favorite baseball player?
Ryne Sandberg-great hitter and even better fielder 

9.  What makes you laugh?
my kids and wife

10.  Top 3 all-time movies?
1) Billy Madison
2) Anchorman
3) Hangover 

11.  What was your favorite real baseball team growing up? Still in love with them?
Chicago Cubs! still love them and always will sadly:) 

12.  Are you an outspoken owner? Why or why not?
I would say yes. In this league I probably need to be at times just so you know I'm engaged in the league.

13.  What is your GM philosophy?
to get the best players I can. the splits for both hitters and pitchers are very important to me. I also value the 1st pitch and defense

14.  Any special meaning for your WIS nickname? For your Regular Joe’s nickname?
nope and I took over towards the end of a season in Joey belle. never changed the name.

15.  Which MLB commissioner do you admire or identify with most?
they've all had their good points and their bad points. I admire that we can now review plays. I feel it's time for baseball to step into this century and use the technology available and I believe Bud Selig deserves credit for that.

16.  General pet peeves about the HBD game?
coach hiring, coach hiring, coach hiring 

17.  What would you change about HBD if given the chance?
I would like to see them implement an Arizona Fall League for prospects. Each prospect would only be allowed to participate once and they would have to be in the minors at the time. 

18.  If I was Regular Joe’s commissioner for a day I would…
everything that I already do:)

No comments:

Post a Comment