Sunday, February 16, 2014

18 questions with torrone

1. What should we call you? 
I once asked my future father in law what I should call him. He said "Mr Jimmerson". My name is Tony.


2. Any hobbies or favorite pastimes besides HBD?
Golf, avid reader(military history and historical fiction mostly). Alsao watch a lot of TV. A LOT! Latlely here in NY, my 2nd job is shoveling snow.


3. How did you find HBD?
Used to play Imagine Baseball and somehow came across this. This is way better.


4. How many teams do you run? How many hours per week do you pour into your team?
I usually like to have 2, but now it's 4. Probably average a couple of hours a day.


5. Married? Children?
Married 38+ years. 2 grown kids, boy & girl. My son's wife is soon to give birth to our 1st grandchild.


6. City/State you live in? Where did you grow up?
I live in Malverne NY on Long Island. Grew up about 10 minutes away in Floral Park NY.


7. Occupation? Do you check in on your teams during work?
Retired over 10 years now. Formerly was a UPS driver.


8. Who is your all time favorite baseball player?
Mickey Mantle


9. What makes you laugh?
My futility at this game


10. Top 3 all-time movies?
Gone With The Wind(yes I'm old)
The Godfather 1 & 2(counts as 1)
Carlito's Way


11. What was your favorite real baseball team growing up? Still in love with them?
Yankees. Yes, but not with the same fervor.



12. Are you an outspoken owner? Why or why not?
Yes. I have a big mouth. Gets me in trouble.


13. What is your GM philosophy?
I'm not sure. I look for solid players, not necessarily superstars. Maybe I should change that. I work both the amateur draft and the IFA equally.


14. Any special meaning for your WIS nickname? For your Regular Joe’s nickname?
WIS nickname, torrone, is an Italian nougat candy. Delicious. Changed the team name from Steam, which I inherited, to the Tevinter Imperium, which comes from the great video game Dragon Age. It was either that or Turtleheads. Hope you don't need an explanation for that one.


15. Which MLB commissioner do you admire or identify with most?
If you mean here,I thought goldenboy69 was a great commish for many years in Addicted Users. In real MLB, I liked Bart Giamatti. I thought he had a lot of integrity.


16. General pet peeves about the HBD game?
Would like them to institute a page breaks so you could see the header as you scroll down lists of players. Also, in some of the categories in stats they only list high to low. I don't care in League Leaders who has given up the most walks. I'd like to see the least. They do it in other areas. I don't see why it can't be done for all lists.


17. What would you change about HBD if given the chance?
Don't like that you are locked into your next game SP as soon as the last game ends. I'd like the opportunity to change SPs for a while after the last game.


18. If I was Regular Joe’s commissioner for a day I would…
Award myself an honorary WS title. May be the only way I will ever get one.

No comments:

Post a Comment