Monday, February 24, 2014

18 questions with bracktacular

1. What should we call you?
Bracke (my last name), but I’ve responded to worse.

2. Any hobbies or favorite pastimes besides HBD?
-Fantasy baseball, basketball, hockey, golf
-Going to concerts
-Golf
-Running up a large iTunes bill

3. How did you find HBD?
Aaron Gleeman (fantasy baseball writer from Rotoworld)

4. How many teams do you run? How many hours per week do you pour into your team?
One. I’ve tried multiple team ownership, but I can’t develop a memory of my team’s system top to bottom. With one team it is possible to develop that after a season or two. I spend 7-8 hours a week on HBD.

5. Married? Children?
Married to my wife, Abby for 13 years. I have two daughters- Norah (10yrs old) and Ruby (5yrs old). Also have an 11-year old Boston Terrier named Lois.

6. City/State you live in? Where did you grow up?
Eden Prairie/Minnesota currently. Grew up in Minnetonka/Minnesota

7. Occupation? Do you check in on your teams during work?
Graphic Designer. It’s a reciprocal relationship in that I check stuff at work and in turn, make logos for my HBD teams. The Pawtucket Pickleweasels have a logo.

8. Who is your all time favorite baseball player?
Joe Carter

9. What makes you laugh?
Cards Against Humanity games, Jim Gaffigan, Daniel Tosh, David Cross, Anchorman 1 or 2

10. Top 3 all-time movies?
1) The Big Lebowski 2) Fletch 3) O’Brother Where Art Thou

11. What was your favorite real baseball team growing up? Still in love with them?
I am a lifelong Toronto Blue Jays fan.

12. Are you an outspoken owner? Why or why not?
I’m generally reserved, but outspoken when needed. I’m a VERY opinionated person, but try not to force my opinions on others unless provoked…repeatedly.

13. What is your GM philosophy?
Honestly I feel it’s still developing. I guess I like to shore up shortstop, center field, and starting pitching and build from there. By “shore up,” I mean a defensively and offensively sound player.

14. Any special meaning for your WIS nickname? For your Regular Joe’s nickname?
Bracktacular comes from my last name and a convenient adjective. As for my Regular Joes nickname, I have always tried to get something funny and in alliteration with my team’s city. If you’ve seen the movie “Something About Mary,” when Ben Stiller is in the bathroom and zip “himself” up in his zipper, that is called a Pickleweasel.

15. Which MLB commissioner do you admire or identify with most?
I guess it would be Ford Frick because he was so integral in expanding the reach of the game. He worked with groups in Japan, Latin and Central America, Holland, Italy and Africa, introducing many of them to baseball for the first time.

16. General pet peeves about the HBD game?
- Hiring Coaches
- Can’t seem to figure out the magical amount to budget in training/medical to avoid injuries

17. What would you change about HBD if given the chance?
Allow owners to customize team logos

18. If I was Regular Joe’s commissioner for a day I would…
Reinstate Pete Rose, errrr, wrong commish seat?

No comments:

Post a Comment